Wednesday, May 7, 2014

I thought I was out, but WoW sucked me back in.

Here's the deal. I've been given an opportunity to come back to WoW and raid again. I'm still thinking about it, but the chances are very high that I'll give it a shot. However, I haven't raided in over 18 months, and haven't paid much attention to what is going on with moonkin or WoW in general since then. Obviously, my skills are rusty and I have a lot of catching up to do. As a result, I've been doing a lot of research, reading patch notes, listening to TeamWaffle podcasts, and looking over Hamlet's Moonkin guide. During this process, I came across an old problem. I don't have anyone to talk to about WoW.

The only reason I started this blog almost 7 years ago was to get my thoughts out of my head and into a form that other people could read or hear. Over time I added the guides and such to attract more readers, but the main reason I kept up with the blog was always to rant at Blizzard about Moonkin design, 10vs25 man raids, or one of a hundred other miscellaneous topics. Now that I'm looking at the WoW and Moonkin news again, I'm having all these thoughts without a good way to express them. So, I guess I'm back to blogging to a limited extent.

I must stress that I'm back to a LIMITED extent.

The guides are likely a thing of my past. There's no way in hell that I'm doing a gear guide again. They are too much work for little or no reward. I doubt I would do a spec guide again, because there other people that make better guides then me anyway.

I also don't know how much I will post. Though I failed miserably a lot, I always tried to post regularly. I'm not going to worry about that this time. I have one post written that will go up soon, but how often I post after that is anyone’s guess. It could be once a month, once a year, or never again. When I have time to write down my thoughts, I'll post them. That's all I can guarantee.

If you’re still with me at this point, thank you. It means a lot to me that people valued my opinion in the past and I hope that my opinion will continue to mean something. Either way I will continue to rant and rave about some random topic as long as I have something to rant and rave about.

14 comments:

Balkoth said...

Then have a LIMITED welcome back!

DarkWyrm said...

I'm sorry to hear you went back to WoW.

Figure said...

I've been off WoW for the better part of two years now, with a brief stint somewhere in the middle there. I still couldn't bring myself to unfollow - and I will still happily read what you write and live vicariously through your (limited) moonkin blogging!

Good to see you back.

Herrey said...

Good to see you again ;) always a pleasure to read you !

Tracey said...

Welcome back! :) However much or little you post, you're in my feedreader. And I'm very happy to see you pop in now and again!

Unknown said...

Glad to see a fellow Moonkin back again. I find myself too looking for another Moonkin to talk to but the blog sphere is limited with Moonkin these days.

Ambermist said...

Glad I happened to visit today and see this post. Welcome back to Azeroth. :-)

Christina said...

Get on Twitter? Plenty of peeps there to casually talk druid stuff when the urge strikes you.

Berdache said...

Glad to see you back ... hope you have fun

Anonymous said...

I still check to see if you have posted, so I will take whatever - i enjoy reading your thoughts and insights!

Tsunami said...

I've missed your ramblings, glad to see you may return.

Quite enjoyed your slant on things and you were probably the main reason I became a good boomkin back in and before Ulduar times.

I gave up WoW for 18ish months after Ulduar, and again when I became a dad (this time for a year, regular sleeping patterns for him means I can reliably raid again ^^ )

Welcome back

<3

Anonymous said...

Welcome back again! I'm thinking about coming back too. I sat out the entire expansion as well, and now I'm itching to load up my laser chicken. Keep the posts coming, this used to be one of my favorite site.

Anonymous said...

Hey, how did the comeback work out?

I was reading your blog in TBC and geared up for Black Temple using your posts.

I quit in early wotlk (saw Ulduar in the test servers..) after getting Sarth+3d 10 man. I'm thinking of coming back. I too am afraid of the timesink and being sucked into WoW to collect purple stuff for my toon to wear while neglecting the real stuff that I actually wear !

How did your comeback work out? Is WoW a lot more casual these days?

I cannot afford to do TBC-like raiding anymore as I now have a family and kids are on their way.

ps: no matter what you do, thanks for your Boomkin blog, it was THE stuff to read back in the day.

Lyss

damianlovebitch said...

thanks for everything you did and potentially everything you will do, Moonkins everywhere lurves your stuffs :) i always check here cos your ramblings sometimes reflect my opinions and are interesting, Max respect to you :)